elastomer sex toys
Elastomer are a phthalate-free rubber with specific stretchy properties. Sex toys made of elastomers look and feel similar to other rubber and jelly rubber sex toys, but they are better in terms of cleanliness, and they are both latex-free and phthalate-free.
safety of elastomer sex toys
Elastomers are a cleaner kind of rubber than jelly rubber and they are phthalate free and hypoallergenic. They are a better choice for people concerned about reacting to sex toys who want a soft rubber sex toy. Elastomers sex toys are porous and cannot be disinfected. For this reason we recommend using condoms on elastomers toys. As with all toys condoms are required if you want to share your toy or use it vaginally and anally.
how durable are elastomer sex toys?
Elastomers are more durable than inexpensive jelly rubber sex toys but not as durable as 100% silicone. With proper use and care elastomer sex toys should last for years, and the material could last longer than the motor in a vibrator.
tips on use, cleaning and storage
- You may use water based or silicone based lubricants with elastomers, but avoid oil based products.
- Use a very mild hand soap to clean your sex toy. Using alcohol or bleach, or even dish soap will lead to the breaking down of the rubber.
- Let it air dry and if you choose to powder it, use corn starch.
- When stored together elastomers toys won't react to each other or to silicone toys. But don't store your elastomers toy next to jelly rubber or silicone/rubber mix toys.
- Clean your toy before you use it for the first time, and be sure to clean it after every use. It is very important to ensure that your sex toy dries thoroughly between uses.