hard plastic sex toys
Durable and easy to clean, sex toys made of hard plastic and acrylic are non-porous and when they vibrate they tend to feel stronger because hard plastic doesn't absorb the vibrations as much as soft materials do. The main durability drawback to hard plastic is that they may crack if dropped on a hard surface.
safety of hard plastic sex toys
Hard plastic and acrylic sex toys are phthalate free, hypoallergenic, and non-porous making them a safe choice for people concerned about reacting to sex toy materials or absorption of fluid by a sex toy. As with all toys condoms are required if you want to share your toy or use it vaginally and anally.
how durable are hard plastic sex toys?
On the one hand hard plastic and acrylic sex toys are very durable because they won't tear and they don't break down like some soft rubbers. With proper use and care a hard plastic sex toy should last for years and years (the material will always outlast the motor in the case of vibrating toys). However the drawback to hard plastic toys is that if dropped on a hard surface they can crack or break, and then they must be thrown out.
Some of our hard plastic toys are made of ABS plastic which is a more durable hard plastic that won't snap when bent and can be recyclable (depending on the formulation and local recycling facilities.)
tips on use, cleaning and storage
- You may use water based, silicone based, or oil based lubricants with hard plastic sex toys.
- Use a very mild hand soap to clean your sex toy.
- Let it air dry before putting it away.
- You can store your hard plastic toys separately or with other hard plastic toys. Don't store next too jelly rubber or jelly/silicone mixes as these toys can damage your toy.
- Clean your sex toy before you use it for the first time, and be sure to clean it after every use. It is very important to ensure that your sex toy dries thoroughly between uses.