silicone sex toys
Silicone is a great material for sex toys!' Silicone is resilient, retains body heat, and because it is non-porous, it's easy to clean.' The high cost of materials as well as the fact that most silicone dildos are made by a small manufacturer means that you may pay a little more for a silicone toy, but it is well worth it!
safety of silicone sex toys
Silicone is hypoallergenic, phthalate-free and latex-free. You can boil silicone sex toys (providing they don't have internal vibrators or mechanics) or put them on the top rack of your dishwasher, effectively disinfecting them. Because silicone is non porous there is less risk of reacting to the material. As with all toys condoms are required if you want to share your toy or use it vaginally and anally.
how durable are silicone sex toys?
Silicone is very durable and won't degrade through regular use. However silicone can tear, so keep sharp edges away from your silicone toys. Silicone can also be destroyed when it comes into contact with silicone lubricant, so never use silicone lubricant on silicone toys.
tips on use, cleaning and storage
- If you're using your toy in a harness, take extra care to make sure it's not forced through the opening.
- You may use water based or oil based lubricants but never use silicone-based lubricants as they can damage your silicone toy.
- You can use soap, rubbing alcohol, or bleach to clean silicone sex toys (if you are using alcohol or bleach, be careful to rinse thoroughly).
- If your silicone toy is non-vibrating, you can boil your toy in water, or put it on the top shelf of your dishwasher to clean. Different manufacturers suggest different lengths of time, usually between 3-5 minutes for boiling.
- You can store your silicone toys separately or with other silicone toys.
- Clean your toy before you use it for the first time, and be sure to clean it after every use. It is very important to ensure that your sex toy dries thoroughly between uses.