vinyl sex toys
Vinyl vibrators and dildos have a unique surface feel - smooth but soft - and some people prefer the look of vinyl. In terms of durability, safety, and cleaning they should be treated like jelly rubber. We also have harnesses made of a different kind of vinyl, which are firm and very shiny. Vinyl harnesses don't breath like fabric or leather which creates a binding sensation some like and others don't.
safety of vinyl sex toys
Vinyl sex toys may contain phthalates which have been proposed to be a health concern (although this is by no means a documented fact). Vinyl is porous and cannot be disinfected. For this reason we recommend using condoms on vinyl toys (as with all toys condoms are required if you want to share your toy or use it vaginally and anally).
Vinyl is slightly more durable than jelly rubber but can degrade over time. With proper care and cleaning your vinyl sex toy should last a few years. Using a condom on a vinyl sex toy will extend its lifespan.
tips on use, cleaning and storage
- You can use water based and silicone based lubricants with vinyl sex toys but avoid oil based products.
- If you're using your toy in a harness, take extra care to make sure it's not forced through the opening.
- Use a very mild hand soap to clean your sex toy. Using alcohol or bleach, or even dish soap will lead to the breaking down of the material.
- When stored together vinyl sex toys won't react to other toys made of vinyl or to silicone toys. But don't store your vinyl toy next to jelly rubber or silicone/rubber mix toys.
- Clean your sex toy before you use it for the first time, and be sure to clean it after every use. It is very important to ensure that your sex toy dries thoroughly between uses.